Wednesday, August 28, 2019

For Friday: Comprehension Exam #1

As I mentioned in class (and following the syllabus' calendar), we're going to have our first Comprehension Exam on Friday. That simply means I'm going to give you a brief essay question to respond to in-class covering some of the significant ideas/themes we discussed with Sappho over the past few days. BRING YOUR BOOK! I want you to quote from at least one poem in support or your answer, to show me that (a) you've read the poems, and know them enough to dig up one or two of them, and (b) you can interpret the poems in new ways beyond what we said in class. 

The quiz won't be hard or tricky, and will be open to a variety of answers and responses. I just want to see you thinking and again, make sure you paid attention well enough to develop your own responses to the text.


ALSO: Next week will be a short week, since we have Labor Day off for Monday, and there will be no class on Friday (I have a meeting out of town). Wednesday is our only class, and I'll discuss that during Friday's class.

See you then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Exam Paper, due by December 9th

The Final Exam paper is pasted below if you missed class on Tuesday (or simply lost it). Note the due date: no late papers will be accepted ...